Automata S.A. is the developer of Star Atlas. The initial idea of Star Atlas was created at the end of 2020 by 4 co-founders:
The Founders[edit source]
- Michael Wagner, CEO (Chief Executive Officer). Michael is a serial entrepreneur, having founded multiple technology companies centered around the emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies, including: Tokes Platform, EDEN, Multichain Ventures, Automata, and most recently Star Atlas. He has 10+ years in capital markets analysis, holds his chartered financial designation (CFA), 7+ years in blockchain, 24+ years in gaming, and 4+ years in technology development leadership.
- Pablo Quiroga, CRO (Chief Revenue Officer). Pablo’s global business ecosystem has inspired multiple successful startups over the last decade, earning him proven expertise ranging from supply chain management, strategic market penetration and business intelligence. Pablo’s multi-role engagement levels from leadership to founder to investor in companies such as Vanguard Scientific Systems, Reconscious Medical, Fuelixir, and continues with Star Atlas. Pablo’s exposure to plant-based supply chains and psychedelic mental health digital therapeutics brings a unique perspective to problem-solving within the blockchain community. Pablo believes blockchain is the mycelium of the technology industry.
- Danny Floyd, CPO (Chief Product Officer). Danny started his tech career with EA Westwood Studios on the first space-based MMORPG called Earth and Beyond. After 8 years of shipping AAA titles with Electronic Arts (EA), Mythic Entertainment, 3G Studios, and 1047 Games, he co-founded Foware with his brother and continued first-party video game and software development for another 10 years.
- Jacob Floyd, CTO (Chief Technical Officer). Jacob takes pride in elegant software development. With 11+ years of experience building apps in gaming, blockchain, and the fin-tech industries, he has launched over 33 successful projects. Acting as lead coder and tech architect in nearly every project he has been on, has allowed Jacob to bolster creativity and prioritize innovation.
Members of the team have worked on quite a few high profile games and movies in their long careers such as:
- Games: Star Citizen, Destiny 2, Dreadnought, Horizon Zero Dawn, COD blops 3/4, Halo Remastered, Dead Island 2, Spec Ops - The Line, Earth & Beyond, The Sims Online-2-3-4, Ultima Online, Warhammer Online, Lord of the Rings, Assasin's Creed Valhalla, Halo Infinite, Rainbow Six Siege, Saints Row: The Third Remaster, F1 2020, Mortal Kombat, COD BO4, Overkill's The Walking Dead, Star Wars Battlefront, League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Outer Worlds, Diablo 2, FIFA World Cup-12-13-14-15-Street, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Mass Effect Andromeda, SimCity, Star Wars Battlefront.
- Cinema: Love, Death + Robots: The helping hand, Watchmen, Terminator: Dark Fate, Captain Marvel, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Superman Returns, Spider-Man: FFH.
Full Team[edit source]
The team grew from four co-founders at the beginning of 2021 to almost 130 (including 3rd parties) as of August 16, 2021. For more info about the team, check out the official team page.
- Michael Wagner's Twitter. Published May 6, 2021. Retrieved August 16, 2021.