Welcome to the Star Atlas Wiki!
Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state-of-the-art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video game, and decentralized financial technologies. Real-time graphics technology using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. Blockchain technology using the Solana protocol established a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Usage of non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas creates an economy that replicates the tangibility of real-world assets and ownership. The game offers a mix of Grand Strategy, Exploration, Role-Playing, and Space Flight Simulation genres.
The white paper introduces the game as follow:
Star Atlas is a virtual gaming metaverse based in the year 2620.
In this distant future, three major factions have emerged;
- The MUD Territory governed by humankind,
- The ONI Region as a consortium of alien races, and
- The Ustur Sector, controlled by sentient androids.
These factions are in an ongoing struggle for resources, territorial conquest, and political domination. You, a faction citizen of Star Atlas, will have the ability to influence the outcome of this intergalactic conflict while creating the opportunity to earn rewards for your contributions.The metaverse introduces a unique gaming experience through the combination of both traditional core game and blockchain mechanics.— Star Atlas - White Paper
Star Atlas Team
Star Atlas is being developed by Automata Inc.
The core team is collaborating with a number of third-party contractors to speed up the development of various aspects of their metaverse. Most notably among these is Sperasoft, which is helping them with the development of the Unreal game. 
On April 24, 2021, Star Atlas launched a pre-launch campaign named ReBirth: Genesis of a Metaverse . It consisted of a sale of 14 NFT's that the company referred to as "open-edition multimedia meta-posters that contained augmented reality experiences as well as soundtracks."
On June 14, 2021, Star Atlas made a surprise announcement that they were releasing an additional poster that was not going to be part of the Rebirth collection. Instead, it was kicking off a new category titled "Legends". The first (and so far only) poster in this series, that was announced that day, is the Armstrong Forever poster.
Ships are one of the core gameplay assets in the Star Atlas Metaverse. Ships allow players to explore, engage with other players and perform work in the game. Ships are represented as NFTs with different designs, functions, and sizes and require a crew to operate.
Acronyms & Abbreviations
See the Acronyms & Abbreviations page for a list of commonly used acronyms (& abbreviations) in the Star Atlas Community.
- "Star Atlas: White Paper" (PDF). Star Atlas. "Archived" from the original on May 6, 2021. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- Star Atlas Partnership with Sperasoft to Develop the Most Immersive Metaverse Gaming Experience. Medium. Posted on November 30, 2021. Retrieved on February 8, 2022
- Sperasoft partners with Star Atlas team to develop a Space Exploration game. Sperasoft. Posted on November 30, 2021. Retrieved on February 8, 2022
- So It Begins: Countdown to Launch of Star Atlas Token Sale on FTX, Raydium and Apollo-X. Medium. Posted on August 9, 2021. Retrieved on August 10, 2021
- Star Atlas and US Space Force Drop Neil Armstrong Meta-Poster NFT for Satellite Launch. Medium. Posted on June 14, 2021. Retrieved on August 10, 2021