Welcome to the Star Atlas Wiki!
Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state of the art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video game, and decentralized financial technologies. Real-time graphics technology using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. Blockchain technology using the Solana protocol established a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Usage of non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas creates an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership. The game offers a mix of Grand Strategy, Exploration, Role-Playing, and Space Flight Simulation genres.
The white paper introduces the game as follow:
Star Atlas is a virtual gaming metaverse based in the year 2620.
In this distant future, three major factions have emerged;
- The MUD Territory governed by humankind,
- The ONI Region as a consortium of alien races, and
- The Ustur Sector controlled by sentient androids.
These factions are in an ongoing struggle for resources, territorial conquest, and political domination. You, a faction citizen of Star Atlas, will have the ability to influence the outcome of this intergalactic conflict while creating the opportunity to earn rewards for your contributions.The metaverse introduces a unique gaming experience through the combination of both traditional core game and blockchain mechanics.— Star Atlas - White Paper
Star Atlas Team
Star Atlas is being developed by Automata S.A.
On April 24, 2021 Star Atlas launched a pre-launch campaign named ReBirth: Genesis of a Metaverse . It consisted out of a sale of 14 NFT's that the company referred to as "open-edition multimedia meta-posters that contained augmented reality experiences as well as soundtracks."
On June 14, 2021 Star Atlas made a surprise announcement that they were releasing an additional poster, that was not going to be part of the Rebirth collection. Instead it was kicking off a new category titled "Legends". The first (and so far only) poster in this series, that was announced that day, is the Armstrong Forever poster.
Acronyms & Abbreviations
See the Acronyms & Abbreviations page for a list of commonly used acronyms (& abbreviations) in the Star Atlas Community.
- "Star Atlas: White Paper" (PDF). Star Atlas. "Archived" from the original on May 6, 2021. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- So It Begins: Countdown to Launch of Star Atlas Token Sale on FTX, Raydium and Apollo-X. Medium. Posted on August 9, 2021. Retrieved on August 10, 2021
- Star Atlas and US Space Force Drop Neil Armstrong Meta-Poster NFT for Satellite Launch. Medium. Posted on June 14, 2021. Retrieved on August 10, 2021